Founding member of Virgin Radio Dubai 104.4 - afternoon drive time host of ‘The Ride Home with Brent Black’
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Tall. Sexy. Did I say tall already?
2. How do you stay healthy and fit with your busy schedule?
I force myself to run every day, and do moderate-to-intense weight training every other day. I hate it, and probably don’t do it right, but I get to look at myself in the mirror, so it all balances out.
3. What was the greatest challenge you faced in your career? How did you overcome it?
Getting the afternoon drive slot in Los Angeles was difficult. It’s one of the most competitive markets in the world. It takes blind ambition, luck, and at least one person that believes in you.
4. What do you like best about living in the UAE?
The people...where else can you find this kind of diversity?
5. What song best describes your work ethic?
I would say “Work Hard, Play Hard,” but come on...I’m only on air four hours a day. No one is going to buy that.
6. What is you favourite Kobe moment?
He got Brandy to go as his senior prom date. Smooth move Kobe...smooth move.
7. What is your secret weapon on the basketball court?
My height. It disguises my lack of ability. I look great in pre-game photos. Like “whoa, that guy’s gonna be good."
8. If you were to select 2 celebrities to be your parents, who would they be and why?
I think Morgan Freeman would be awesome as a dad. Just imaging the bedtime stories read in that silky smooth voice.
9. What advice would you give to kids about achieving their goals?
Do what YOU want to do...not what someone else thinks you should do. Then your passion will guide you.