A seven-week run on the US Billboard Hot 100 for his hit single “Crank That” ensured Soulja Boy (DeAndre Cortez Way) a permanent position among the ranks of hip hop artists and a platinum certification for his debut studio album. He’s released two albums after that and his 4th is eagerly awaited at the end of the year.
1. How would you define fitness?
Eating healthy and working out regularly – it’s a lifestyle.
2. What was the greatest challenge you faced in your career?
The media. I decided to not let myself get caught up in all the lies and focus on my career instead.
3. Have you been to the UAE?
I’ve never been there, but have heard great things about it. I’m looking forward to meeting the people there, especially the kids.
4. What is your favourite Kobe moment?
When he got his 1st ring.
5. What is your secret weapon on the basketball court?
My backboard shot is lethal.
6. What is your number one workout tip?
Make sure you breathe right while working out.
7. What advice would you give to kids about achieving their goals?
They should never let anyone tell them that they can’t do anything.
8. If you could pick one highlight of your career, what would it be?
When I first got signed to a music label.