After a trail-blazing career in media in the Philippines Nathalia Junbie moved to Dubai where she has become a household name as Chikay, on her show on Tag 91.1, with a huge following among the Filipino community.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Bubbly, adventurous, cowgirl
2. How do you stay healthy and fit with your busy schedule?
Before I moved to the UAE, I went to the gym religiously. But when I got here I stopped working out because of my busy schedule. Now, even if I don’t get a chance to hit the gym, I always make sure to walk at least 25 minutes a day. I am also strict with my diet.
3. How would you define fitness?
Fitness is all about having a healthy body, mind and heart.
4. What do you like best about living in the UAE?
It’s an open country and it is so nice to meet people from different parts of the world. Makes me learn so many things.
5. What song best describes your work ethic?
Independent Women by Destiny Child.
6. What is your favourite Kobe moment?
When he won the gold medal in the Olympics in 2008 and 2012 (USA Men’s Basketball Team)
7. What is your secret weapon on the basketball court?
My smile. The sparkle from my pearly whites distracts my opponent then I make a quick move straight for the basket!
8. What is your number one workout tip?
Stay focused, never give up.
9. If you were to select 2 celebrities to be your parents, who would they be and why?
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. I admire how they show affection for each other and how they take care of their kids.