Kris Fade, host of an eponymous morning show, which is arguably the most popular radio show in the UAE, has won awards across the region and in Australia. His debut CD launched earlier this year to an overwhelming response.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Loud, stupid, baller
2. How do you stay healthy and fit with your busy schedule?
I just lost 20 kilos in the last five months by eating well, looking after my body and spending a lot of time in the gym. I’ve become a gym junkie and it feels good. I’m keeping it going to get ready for the big celebrity game!
3. How would you define fitness?
It’s a lifestyle – once you have it in your system you don’t want to let it go and you wonder how you ever lived without it.
4. What was the greatest challenge you faced in your career?
IGetting up every morning. I wake up at 4:30am daily to get ready for my show on Virgin radio. It’s tough, but it’s worth it because I love every minute of the show.
5. What do you like most about living in the UAE?
The amazing opportunities this country affords. The lifestyle of the UAE is also amazing – it’s one big hotel resort. We get very spoiled. It’s also a very safe environment for my kids to grow up in.
6. What is your favourite Kobe moment?
Interviewing him for this event. I told him if he doesn’t get his 6th ring, I know a guy in Karama that makes great replicas.
7. What is your secret weapon on the basketball court?
My vocabulary – I’m gonna trash talk the entire game
8. If you were to select 2 celebrities to be your parents, who would they be and why?
Will Smith as my dad because he’s tall and he’s a triple threat. My mother would be Ellen Degenerous because she would make me laugh every day.
9. What advice would you give to kids about achieving their goals?
If you really want something and you really think you can do it, don’t take no for an answer. Take the steps to get there – it’s achievable!