Former USA professional basketball player Joseph Arlauckas was described during his career as a natural-born offensive player by a teammate and by one of his coaches as a killer in the most positive sense of the word – both comments are a testament to his skill at the game.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Kind, happy, positive
2. How do you stay healthy and fit with your busy schedule?
I try and workout as much as possible, about 3 to 4 times a week. I like to be in the gym and workout in high intensity type workouts to control my weight and stay toned as much as possible.
3. What was the greatest challenge you faced at Real Madrid?
Joining a team that was only focused on winning championships and titles. I had to adjust my game to players around me for the best overall results of the team and not just myself.
4. What was your best moment at Real Madrid?
Winning the Euroleague title and enjoying the title with my teammates.
5. Have you been to the UAE?
I have never been and am really look forward to visiting. I love to visit and meet new people when going to places. I think the people you meet tell you a lot about the type of country you are visiting.
6. What is your secret weapon on the basketball court?
Besides my vision of the game, it is my jump shot, especially my turn around fade away from the corners.
7. What is your number one workout tip?
Always go to the gym with a plan, know what you’re doing before you get there and get it done.
8. If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
A nice salad and big steak cooked on the grill and tiramisu for dessert.
9. What advice would you give to kids about achieving their goals?
Find something you like and put all your time and effort into it. Become the best at what you choose and always stay confident while trying to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.
10. If you could pick one highlight of your career, what would it be?
My best highlights were my dunks in fast breaks and over people. My very best highlight was winning the Euroleague and having my son on the court with me to celebrate - a memory I will always cherish.