1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
To quote a word invented by Malcolm Gladwell Disagreeableness, social risk taking and active introvert
2. How do you stay healthy and fit with your busy schedule?
This is seasonal and depends on whether I have back to back business travel. I prefer to mix it up. My work-outs can vary from an 1800 metre run, row, squats, press and everything else in between
3. How would you define fitness?
Fitness is an antidote to all of the laziness that modern life provides
4. What was the greatest challenge you faced in your career? How did you overcome it?
Its knowing when the race is won
5. What do you like best about living in the Dubai?
That I have played a role in helping build the only new city of the 21st Century. A city which provides more than is required both socially and professionally and still strives to give yet more
6. What song best describes your work ethic?
Johnny Cash ("Ain't No Grave (Gonna Hold This Body Down)"
7. What is your favourite Kobe moment?
There is no such thing as a single perfect Kobe moment! Kobe embodies mad skill, tenacity and dedication! He is truly a role model for many generations of basket ballplayers to come - Kobe’s perfect lob pass to Shack against Portland, need I say more! 2001 – Kobe and Co. swept Westcoast, 2010 Kobe & Co. demoralising Boston Celtics in game 7
8. What is your secret weapon on the basketball court?
An unintentional elbow to the eye (Wink!)
9. What is your number one workout tip?
When you have given your all, you still have more to give
10. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you like to have with you?
Aside from kettle bells, a basket ball hoop, a best friend call ‘Wilson’ and NBA TV
11. If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
Lean 95 and Enguinity shakes
12. If you were to select 2 celebrities to be your parents, who would they be and why?
I doubt any celeb would like to be my parent
What advice would you give to kids about achieving their goals?
Never give up! Make the most of the bad times as well as the good times
13. If you could pick one highlight of your career, what would it be?
Positioning Dubai as the center of global commodity trade!
14. If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?
Why? Are you looking for a ‘date’?
15. What was the best piece of advice you ever received?
Never Expect always Inspect! In the race to Excellence there is no finish line! Look at the opportunities within challenges rather than the challenges within the opportunities